Wednesday, May 11, 2011

13 days and Matthew 14:27

13 days........that's how long we have until my scheduled C-Section. When you say it in the form of days it sounds so close. We have not had any more episodes since May 1 and I am really holding out that things are going to be fine and we will have out sweet baby girl here on May 24th like she is supposed to be!



Calleigh is getting very excited and asking every day when "her" Addison is going to be here. I know that she is going to be a great big sister!



Andrew and I have gotten a LOT of work done around the house in the last couple of weeks....just trying to get those finishing touches in before the big day is here! We are almost done working with the landscaping. I am VERY hopeful that when I come home from the hospital that it will all be done waiting for me to see! (I will post pictures of the progress soon!)



Up to this point I have known that I am having another C-Section, but I am a lot more nervous this time. With Calleigh, she was my first and she was an emergency, so things we all new to me and went by so fast. This time, I have been thinking about what is going to happen and it is making me a little nervous. I am the ultimate planner, but knowing ahead of schedule this time is really taking a toll on my emotions. I have been thinking about it a lot more than I did with Calleigh and I am just really nervous for some reason. I know that I have a WONDERFUL doctor who I trust completely and I know that he always makes the correct decision about what it the best for me and the baby! I know that it is just a minor surgery where I am awake and Andrew is right there with me the whole time, but I am still nervous about the surgery in general. I know that I will have the great physician right there with me and that I am in his hands and he will never let go. This past week at church Josh (my pastor) talked about how we need to have courage because God is with us.



Matthew 14:27 says "But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage. It is I. Don't be afraid."



Then we sand the song by Matthew Redman called "You never let go". After hearing that scripture and singing that song I knew God was talking right to me. I know that he will be with me through it all and he will never let go. What a relief it was to know that when I am nervous and anxious he is right there holding my hand and showing me that I have nothing to be worried about. I am not going to say that I am worry free, because I am not good at letting go completely, but I am not as afraid as I once was. It's all because of Jesus.



No comments: