Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day and some Praises!!!

With Mother's Day just around the corner, I wanted to share with you an article I received just the other day.

Mother's Day.

By Bridgette Mongeon



There is no bigger delight than to have two little arms wrapped around your neck, a soft cheek pressed hard against your face, with an accompanying squeeze that is meant to be gigantic and is in the feel of it, but in presentation is the smallest of wonders. Accompanying that squeeze are the words. "I love you mommy." Mothers who now sit in wheelchairs in nursing homes can pull on that memory of love, and remember it as if it were yesterday.

I have been blessed to say that in the world of creativity I have created what some would consider to be a masterpiece or two. But, by far, my biggest contribution to the creativity and my legacy are my children. Along with those living masterpieces there have been some pretty spectacular chalk art masterpieces authored by mom and child.

As a child, Mother's day brings memories of making gifts for mom. Handprints in plaster, beautiful hand drawn cards, sachets, and elaborate bath crystals that were really just Epsom salts mixed with food coloring and put in a baby jars uniquely decorated by little hands. As a child, a Mother's day focused on my own mother until becoming a mother myself. Though I also loved celebrating my mom, because now I new intimately the mother/child bond from another perspective, I'm sad to say that often my long distance mother was lost in the hubbub of my own family celebrations.

My mother tells me you are always close with your mother. She gets dreamy as she thinks back to the love of Grandma Sugar, who has now passed away. The thought of not having my mother on this earth is unimaginable to me. As mom talks about Grandma Sugar I wondering if she remembers her own wrinkled and frail arms that were once young and plump with baby fat as they hugged her mothers young neck. Children and motherhood are a blessing. For all of the mothers out there blessings to you as you feel or remember, " I love you mommy."

Psalm 113:9 He honors the childless wife in her home, he makes her happy by giving her children.

Bridgette Mongeon is a sculptor of children and a writer. She is also the owner of the God’s Word Collectible Christian gift series, and the host of the Inspirations/Generations Podcast. She enjoys helping parents and children learn, bond and heal through creative means.
Give God's Word as a gift, collect God's Word in your heart!


This is going to be a wonderful Mother's Day. If you have been reading recently, you have read about out troubles in the past few months with our Heater/Air Conditioner and our fears of it not working much longer. You have also read about how the transmission went out of Andrew's truck. And now God is opening doors. Doors we never imagined him to open. But we put our faith and trust in him and things are beginning to fall into place.

We are working on a deal to get the money together for our new Heater/Air Conditioner. I will not go into the details, but it is amazing the people God puts in your life at just the right time. Andrew's dad is helping us with the truck. What a blessing! And finally, finally, finally, we can see ahead and it looks wonderful! The money is getting in order and God is taking care of it. Praise The Lord!


Yesterday was a rough day for Calleigh and me. I met my mom at the courthouse to get her shots. In our county, everyone has to take their child to the Board of Health to get their immunizations. Yesterday was the dreaded day. Calleigh always is such a good little girl and yesterday was not any different. I was left a message on my voice mail stating the we were to be there at 11:40. When we arrived, the nurse decided to take her lunch and left about 5 minuted before we arrived. Her lunch break was an hour. Since I am so blessed to have a wonderful boss, I was allowed to eat with my mom and Calleigh. We paid and filled out paperwork before we left and we told we would be the first person to get in when she got back. When we returned, we were seated and waited and then another family went ahead of us. Normally, no big deal. But since I had already waited an hour, paid and filled out the papers, and was told I would be first this was a big deal. When it was finally Calleigh's turn the ladies we just standing around and talking to each other like we were not even there. Finally, it was her turn. They then make us go into this room and I have to hold down her arms while someone else holds down her legs and they gave her three shots, 2 in one leg and 1 in the other. They are the MMR and Chicken Pox vaccines plus another. The MMR and Chicken Pox burn, so when my little Princess stated screaming I almost could not take it. It was her nap time, she was tired, her legs burned, and then they tell us we have to stay for 10 minutes to make sure she does not have a reaction. Mind you, and tired little girl, screaming because hre legs hurt and are burning, and we have to wait. Craziness!

She got in the car and was out like a light! Thank goodness! She was fine the rest of the day, no knots of signs of reactions, so all is well. But that was a nightmare. The worst part is they want her back in 1-2 months for more shots......luckily her daddy will be out of school and he can take her this time!

Andrew and his brother Kevin did get Calleigh's swing set put together and she loves it! She like the slide, the tower and the swings!

Tonight Calleigh and I are going to a Mother/Daughter banquet at Andrew's church. It should be fun!

If you are not busy tonight my friend and co-worker Lauren will be speaking at a Revival hosted by the Iron Men. It is called Revolution.....HERE is a little about it...got check it out! In the blog she also talks about some other speaking arrangements she has going on this weekend.....

This weekend we finally get to see Andrea and Kyle, whom we have not seen in a month...which seems like forever! I am pumped!

Have a good day!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thanks for the link love...

He can do even MORE!

Eph. 3:20-21