Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 2: A picture of you and the person you have been the closest with the longest


So, today is a picture of you and the person you have been the closest with the longest. This is an older picture from my wedding day, September 17, 2005. After my parents and Andrew, Andrea is the person I am the closest with. She has been my best friend since our first day of college. Ironically, we have known each other since 6th grade. We had lockers side by side (since our last names were Hays and Harvey) but the only words that were ever spoken were "Hi". We had different groups of friends, were in different classes, and did not involved ourselves with the same groups and clubs in school. We even sat side-by-side on graduation day.

When we got to college, our lives changed completely. On the first day we found each other in the commons area, not knowing anyone else, decided to eat lunch together. And from that day forward we have been inseparable. Our lives have followed the same path. We both went 4 years in college together, graduated, got engaged within 6 months of each other(to best friends none the less), got married within 9 months of each other, both searched for the perfect SUV, then hers was stolen a few months after she got it, I got mine, and 4 months later it burned in a fire, then both found out we were expecting with 5 months of each other and had beautiful little girls. Now, she had her second and I am having my second(both little girls again).

She is the best friend I could have ever asked for. She is there when I need her and our lives are totally in sync with each other. Our husbands are still best friends who coach basketball together, our daughters love playing together, and we have the best times together. We both have a love for the Lord, that has grown over time together as well. I am thankful to have her to pray with and talk to. She truly is the epitome of what a best friend should be and I am so thankful that God blessed me with her as my best friend. She means the world to me.

And all of the reasons above are the reason that she is the person I have been the closest with the longest outside of my family.



No comments: