Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changing

Things are changing drastically at my house, I don't know whether to be happy or sad.

My little baby isn't gonna be little forever. In the past week she has learned how to clap her hands, get herself to sit up, crawl, babble a lot, pull up, and soon she will be walking. Mommy is nervous. Yesterday Andrew and I were playing Uno and she grabbed hold of his shirt and pulled herself up, then let go and stood for about 3 seconds and fell on her butt. She was not scared or nervous and she was steady. She was not wobbling or anything.

Our next adventure is to teach her to fall asleep all on her own. The reason behind this is due to the fact that since she is pulling herself up we have had to lower her bed. Since I am short and can not reach to lay her down without a stool, She is going to have to learn to put herself to sleep. So, beginning Friday night we are going to try "The Ferber Method". This involves feeding her, bathing her, getting her all ready for bed. We will let her eat and get her room ready, have a story or two and lay her down when she is drowsy. Give her a kiss, reassure her that all is ok, and walk out. Then, we pray she goes to sleep. More than likely she won't, so we will put this plan into action: After 2 minutes of crying, we will go in a reassure here that everything is fine. Walk out, and do the same pattern 5 minutes later, then 10 minutes, then 15 minutes until she falls asleep. I am a big sucker and can't stand to hear here cry, so pray the God gives me strength!

For those of you who do not know, I am looking for another job that pays a little more. Not because I have any problems here, because I love it here, but because my family needs me. This is my responsibility. Something I have to do. I have applied for another job, so pray that things work out and that this is the job for me. It is another job through my office, so it would be great!

This is all I will babble on about, until next time!



post signature

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Praying Calleigh is down with the Ferber method and it works like a charm!