Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let's talk about Ferberizing......

.....let's just say it did not work for us at all. We did all of the things you are supposed to do. We fed her, played with her, waited until she was tired, took her to her room, laid her in her bed. The first 8 minutes were glorious, not a peep from her room. Then came minute 9 and so did the noise. She began to whine, then to cry. After 2 minutes, I went in to reassure her that she was fine, gave her a paci, and was out the door. As soon as the door was shut she cried and cried. We waited 5 minutes, Andrew reassured her, and before he could shut the door the tears were flowing again. We let her go for 10 minutes, I reassured her, then 10 more minutes, Andrew reassured her, and 5 minutes and we thought she was going to pass out, so Andrew told me to go and get her or he was going to. So I went and got her and by the time I walked from her room to the living room she was asleep in my arms. So now I am trying to figure out how to do this and make it work. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to let me know, any assistance would be appreciated!

The next day, Calleigh was so tired that she fell asleep sitting up on the couch. We could not get her to wake up, and we had to take a picture of her.


My blogging friend, Kelly, had beautiful Harper, and she is needing our prayers as she is going thought some rough times right now. We need to lift up Kelly, Scott and Harper. We need to pray for continued faith for Kelly and Scott and a speedy recovery for little Harper! Here is a picture that I stole from her blog of Kelly and Harper!

Keep them in your prayers!


post signature

No comments: